It’s amazing how my mind set changed once I wrote out my goalutions and made them official. I feel as though I am more aware of my every action and it seems easier for me to do the things I wrote down.
This process was more powerful than I thought. I decided to hang them on my wall so I can look them every day and remind myself of what my intentions are.
A weekend update…
I accomplished many things that were on my 10 for 2010!
– I lived an active lifestyle.
Thursday I went to my favorite cardio kickboxing class for a 60 minute sweat-fest. This was my first official visit to the gym in 2010 and was surprised that it wasn’t as overcrowded as I had thought it was going to be.
Friday I decided it was time to get the first run of the year under my belt. My goal was to just run for 30 minutes. I didn’t care how far I went or how fast, just 30 minutes. Well I fell into a groove on the treadmill, maybe it was my new running shoes or the peacefulness of running with no music but the sound of my feet hitting the tread. I started going faster and felt amazing. I managed to bust out 3 miles in 31:30 which is a crazy amazing time for me on the treadmill. I was feeling good afterwards!
Saturday I felt the need to just sweat a little. I hit the gym up yet again for a nice 40 minute cardio session. I did 20 mins on the elliptical and 20 minutes on the bike.
Sunday – Fun day! Okay so today was the highlight of my weekend because The Will Run For Wine running group had it’s first group run of the year. Wahoooo! It was also one of the nicest days we have had in long while – 44 degrees! We ran a beautiful run along the greenbelt and got in 4 miles . Today was mainly about getting back outside and having some fun. I love the girlies that I run with. They make it fun and exciting.
On an exciting note, I am happy to say I was tagged by Katie at Fit to Wed with the beautiful blogger award! This is my first ever blog award!
The rules are that I am to write 7 random facts about myself and then pass this lovely award on to 7 lovely bloggers! So here goes…
1. I am obsessed with Italy. I had the chance to study abroad for 9 months and have visited there one other time. I would choose to live there again if it were possible. I just love the language, the food, the wine and the culture!
2. I love to car dance! I am so one of those people who is rocking out, singing at the top of my lungs and busting a groove in my car. I just pretend that people aren’t gawking out their windows at me and I can continue on as normal.
3. I have a this problem where I literally fall asleep while watching movies. It is usually about 9 times out of 10 and it doesn’t matter where I am. I have slept through I-MAX 3d movies, I have fallen asleep in theatres and almost always while watching movies at home. I think it really bugs the bf because we rent a movie and have to watch in like 2-3 increments over several days.
4. My favorite singer of all time is Jonny Lang. He is a beautiful blues singer. I never considered myself a blues fan, but his music moves me.
5. I was a sorority girl! Yeah it rocked! Boise State University did not have your typical greek scene, so it was actually more like a club. But I learned so much about myself & life in those years and made the most amazing friends. I heart you my Delta Beta Nu sisters! (Many of the Will Run For Wine group is comprised of my sorority sisters, crazy to see how strong the bond is).
6. A trait passed on to my by my lovely mother – an obsession with calendars! It’s true, we like to hang them in every room. And we can’t feel at peace starting a new unless we have atleast 3 calendars purchased. It’s almost sick, but there is just something so gratifying about writing things on calendars.
7. I wanted to be a writer when I grew up. I used to write stories all the time and hoped one day I would publish a book. I actually got out of the habit for many many years until I found blogging. It seems to be a great creative outlet for me. And who knows, I can still dream about a book deal in my future. It seems to be working out for a lot of bloggers these days.
So now I would like to pass along this Beautiful Blogger Award to these 7 beautiful bloggers!
1. Karathon @ Kara’s Marathon
2. Gina @ Looking Forward
3. Aneta @ Confession of a Rambunctious Runner
4. Paige @ The STP Experiment
5. Dana @ Darting Through Traffic
7. Sami @ Eat Breath Run 13.1
I am excited to hear your 7 random things!! 🙂 Happy week everyone!