Five + five + five + five = 20
As in 20 miles ran… all by myself.
I think that deserves at least a high five wouldn’t you agree?
Oh yeah, and apparently some Gatorade.
This is crazy me doing my Gatorade happy dance after my long run.
I set out on Saturday morning to run my longest solo run ever. And it was blazing hot, and I wasn’t entirely motivated– but all that matters is that I did it.
- Hours ran: 4 hours + 27 minutes
- Gu’s eaten: 3 + a few honey stinger chews
- Times I got lost on my run: 2
- Best Flash back running song: Milli Vanilli’s “Girl you know it’s True” & David Bowie’s “Under Pressure”
- Best Feeling: Seeing an old (as in 70+) man running on the greenbelt in the heat, running in jean shorts with a huge smile and determination on his face
- Times I wanted to quit: 1 million
- Average Pace: 12:20/mile (lots of walking breaks toward the end)
- Chaffing incidents: only 1 under the sports bra
It was a great run in the fact that I never let my want to quit take over. I just kept reminding myself that this is the last big run before the marathon, and that I’ve got this!
Oh yeah – I’ve got this. 2 more weeks and I will be calling myself a marathoner for the second time in my life.
I’m pumped and I’m ready to take on this race. Once I cross that finish line on October 9th, I guarantee I will be ready for some high fiving and a happy dance!
Happy Running Friends!